If you are about to have Rhinoplasty surgery, you may find useful information related Rhinoplasty before and after tips in this article. As a brief definition, Rhinoplasty is a branch of plastic surgeries to eliminate the formal and functional problems of the nose. Although it’s qualified as a low-risk operation, it is also one of the most important ones among all others. Besides the external-nose aesthetic concerns, there are also some concerns about the continuity of the internal functioning. For example, easy breathing, properly activities of intranasal structural parts such as bones, septum, cartilages etc.
For not facing any surgical complications or post-surgical problems, it’s important to be aware of Rhinoplasty before and after tips.
You can read here the Rhinoplasty before and after advice for a good preparation and a quick recovery with these 3 main titles as a summary: Before the operation, On the day of the operation and After the operation.
Before the Rhinoplasty Operation
2 Weeks Before Rhinoplasty Surgery
• Stop smoking. You are not allowed to smoke during the Rhinoplasty before and after the process.
• Stop taking aspirin and any other blood thinners.
• You can start to take supplements with C and E vitamins to speed up the healing process.
• Arrange one of your acquaintances to pick you up after surgery and to stay with you for the first 24 hours.
• Inform your surgeon if you have any illness such as cold or flu.
2 Days Before Rhinoplasty Surgery
• Begin to consume lighter foods and liquids to accustom your body to post-operation diet. The proper nutrition is very important during the Rhinoplasty before and after the process.
• Prepare ice cold compresses which will be your best friends after the operation. Be sure of stocking enough cold bags in your fridge.
• Stop searching for the Rhinoplasty operation stories on the internet. It doesn’t help you to know every detail of somebody else’s experiences during the Rhinoplasty before and after the process. Medical reactions differ for each of us.
• Take a long soft shower and relax.
• Do not use conditioner, hair gel or hair spray after shampooing.
• Get a good sleep, do not think any negative things.
• Do not eat or drink anything after midnight before the Rhinoplasty surgery.
• Do not feel worried, everything is going to be alright!
On the Day of Operation
• Do not use any facial make-up or lipstick.
• Do not wear any jewelry. Wear comfortable clothes such as sleepwear or sportswear.
• You may think of the happiness of when you will see your Rhinoplasty before and after pictures.
• The crew in the clinic will prepare you properly. Leave yourself to their experienced hands.
After the Rhinoplasty Operation
• Continue not to smoke, we hope you do it forever, but if not, do it at least during your recovery timeline.
• Do not waste your energy, just lay down and rest.
• Use elevated pillows to keep the swelling minimum. Night sleeps could be more difficult in first 4-5 days before the split is removed.
• Apply ice bags to your eyes and cheeks as much as possible during the day for the first 48 hours after Rhinoplasty to avoid bruising.
• Be careful not to get the nasal cast wet while applying the ice bags.
• A liquid diet is suitable for the day of surgery. You can start with a regular diet the next day.
• It is normal to have a bloody nasal flow for the first 5 days after your Rhinoplasty surgery. Change the gauze pad under your nose as often as needed. Inform your doctor if bleeding continues for longer than 30 minutes.
• To prevent post-operative bleeding, try not to sniff and sneeze for the first two weeks after the surgery. If you really need to sneeze, keep your mouth open.
• The day after surgery, start to clean the edges of your nostrils.
• Attend to your consultations during the whole Rhinoplasty before and after process.
• You cannot do any heavy activities for 2 weeks after Rhinoplasty surgery. After 2 weeks, you may start to increase your activity heaviness slowly.
• You will see the appearance of your “new” nose after the surgery when the cast/splint is removed. Please don’t make a certain judgment over the initial appearance. Because your nose may be affected by pressure from the splint itself. Just wait until the nose has been settled down. You will see the perfect difference in appearance between Rhinoplasty before and after pictures.
We hope you have found all of the answers about Rhinoplasty before and after tips. These tips are sometimes crucial and sometimes only for you feeling more comfortable and safer during the whole Rhinoplasty before and after process.